UI- Adjust chase camera using number pad hotkeys rather than mouse position

All related bugs or problems to the game
Elharter
Site Admin

UI- Adjust chase camera using number pad hotkeys rather than mouse position

Post by Elharter »

When switching to the chase view using F6 I noticed the mouse is used to dynamically position how the camera sits. I do not find this intuitive and in fact rather annoying for people who alt+tab and have their mouse centered most of the time. Using hotkeys (number pad 8, 4, 6 and 2) makes way more sense and would also avoid ruining camera position by accidentally hitting the mouse.

I put this here rather than under suggestions as I feel the current method using the mouse is a major problem.

Edit: To add, this view does not follow the default behaviour of other camera views that can be adjusted. Right mouse button does nothing and moving the mouse moves the camera position regardless. Scroll wheel should also make the camera zoom in/out from the car.

Originally by Amak
Elharter
Site Admin

Re: UI- Adjust chase camera using number pad hotkeys rather than mouse position

Post by Elharter »

Moving camera by mouse would be easier for me. This worked well in physics demo. Moving camera by numpad would be more effort.

Originally by Yorok
Elharter
Site Admin

Post by Elharter »

Maybe could be made so, that mouse moves the camera when right mouse button is held down (similar to moving camera in default view).

by Yorok
Elharter
Site Admin

Post by Elharter »

The whole follow cam must be reworked... is following