[Game Logic] Practise Session before Qualify and Race

Elharter
Site Admin

[Game Logic] Practise Session before Qualify and Race

Post by Elharter »

We already have qualifying and race. I think we need to have practise as well.

This is important for future when we organise a league. When drivers log-in (enters lobby) they go in practise. Example master server sets 20 minutes PRACTISE where a driver can make some laps. Then when time is over master server moves on to qualify and then race.

At present to start an event (qual or race) you have to wait for everyone in lobby, then together move to qualify. In future in a league one cannot wait because someone can be a bit late or has technical problems. So session starts. The 20 minutes session starts. If a player comes late can enter pracitise session even if session already started.

Hope you get my point.

by jefcam
Elharter
Site Admin

Re: [Game Logic] Practise Session before Qualify and Race

Post by Elharter »

Maybe that you just can add if you want practice and how long you want the practice 5min -> 60min

by Ivar
Elharter
Site Admin

Re: [Game Logic] Practise Session before Qualify and Race

Post by Elharter »

But for what is practice needed? If you know (for example) that on Friday, 20pm starts a important race you should practive between monday-friday whenever you can.

I partially understand your point. What i dont understand is: why should someone join later? Its everytime the same for the most sports, that you have to be ready for the qualifiers or race-times. If you are late: you are out. No other way is possible.

Practive is everytime possible, so i dont get the point why the practice part should be "included" in a competition/league mode.